Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, August 20, 2011

Momma's Night Out


So recently, I took a momma's night off. I.E. - I was H4G (oops, totally just typed my real name verses my pen name before I caught that), not the mom or the wife or the worker, nope.... I was just me. My girl, B, and me went out to a concert. I havent' done this in AGES. Seriously, I can't remember the last time. My only concession to going out was to allow B to do my eye makeup, the rest was normal for me. Except, I wore some boots in the middle of August in Texas. And unless you think like me that may seem unusual........ one boot had my smokes/lighter/id in it and the other had my ruger LCP. I literally go everywhere armed to the teeth. Momma didn't raise no fool!


So we played a little pool! We chilled in a corner booth! We hung out on the smoke deck where I got to say hey to the headliner of the concert as he strolled by. He was nice! And I love his music but haven't seen him play in about six years so it was fun.


B and me are similiar in that we are walking advertisements for 1. married so don't even talk to us and 2. we b beetches so move out of our way. This worked out into front row positions for us. That and the help of my boot to shove one drunk person out of our way when he thought to chill right in front of us. I pulled the distraction move: I started talking to the old lady next to me and then after ascertaining his location directly in front of B out of the corner of my eye, I planted my boot in the middle of his back and pushed hard, then continued my conversation without interruption. Never saw it coming, or going. But he moved his dumb ass out of her way.



See what a problem this could have been for the ENTIRE concert? Problem solved.

Headliner was great. Sang all my favs! But it was so freaking loud and I'm apparently too old for this mess, took two days before my hearing was normal again. Oh well.

I haven't stayed up that late outside my own house in quite some time but it was totally cool. I can't wait till he comes back to town! I kinda like the occassional ME time.


And to prove what a complete dork I am, does anyone else take a picture of their outfit in the bathroom mirror and then send it to their husband?