Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dear Lord....

Thank you for the many many blessing that you have given me.

Thank you for my happy, healthy children who make me smile even when the rest of my day sucks.

Thank you for the husband who loves me no matter what.....and calls to wake me up and tell me to put out the garbage cans on a day that isn't garbage day.

Thank you for not letting the neighbors see me without pants when I was dragging those cans to the curb.

Thank you for my job, the security it brings and the happiness that the fridge full of free Dr. Peppers that keep me sane and on a continual buzz.

Thank you for my paycheck and for J.C. Penney's. Together they make beautiful music.

Thank you for my mom. For loving me even though I'm difficult, moody, opinionated, type-A all the way.

Thank you for my mom spending time with my kids and spoiling them rotten, they adore her. Thank you for allowing us that.

Thank you for my mom sneaking into my house before sunrise this morning while I lay peacefully sleeping in my bed, gun nearby. Thank you for making sure that I slept like a rock and didn't hear her and wake up and pull a gun on her. Cause Princess needed her backpack, and my mom rocks. Thank you for making that trip out in the middle of the night to bring it to her, I hope it wasn't cause you couldn't sleep, I hate when you can't sleep.

Thank you Lord for the snow, it's wet, white and pretty. I've never seen so much of it. Turns out it's cold too lord......I'd rather be thanking you for a warm spring, but I do love the snow.

Thank you that you made sure I bought a car with front wheel drive in California before ever knowing I would be moving to the mountains. Your foresight has saved me many of ditch trips.

Thank you for the four pounds I lost.

Thank you more for healing me and allowing me to get over the stomach flu, which might have had something to do with the four pounds I've lost. But thank you for watching over my health.

Thank you Lord for loving me even though I'm difficult, willful, non-obediant, sassy, loaded with attitude, slightly vain, and a sinner.

Amen.