Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, January 11, 2008

The Beat goes on...

Just because mom is sick doesn't mean the world stops. The Man gets very grumpy when I'm down and tends to say "If you'd get better, this wouldn't happen...." to everything. So I spend alot of time asleep, hiding in my room with my books. The best part about being sick is overhearing everything that is going on around me.....

All overheard within the past 72 hours.....

*No mommy is not going to the hospital, she is sick. NO, NO SURGERY!

*I don't think you can wear a dress to school...it's 13 degrees outside....how do I know where your tights are? Do you own any? Fine, where would they be? If I were a pair of tights, I promise you I wouldn't be there......YOUR WEARING JEANS, end of subject!

*No honey, you can't make her sicker by kissing on her. No honey, the wicked witch didn't knock her out. Just hurry up and kiss her and get out.

*Everytime I go to take a shower, your in the tub.....HOW does 14 baths a day make you feel better? I smell like a foot and you smell like a garden.

*This is your homework? You're serious? Do you have hats and streamers at school when you do this work? Geez, I remember homework being alot harder.

*Daddy, why are you watching a daddy movie (eastern promises, gutter mind) when we're still awake, mommy says we need some girlie time before bed. TURN IT OFF.

*I don't want your stew, I thought we were having chicken noodle soup. I want chicken noodle...

*No......go to bed......

*No.....go to bed.....

*Honey..........are you better yet?