Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, January 18, 2008

I Can Never Shop There Again

Once again, life is never simple in this house. Last night we left the house to go and attempt to purchase a air compressor. See The Man is handy and he fixes all our cars and household problems. Well he has to replace the seal gasket on something in his hunting rig, so that means pulling the tranny and getting down to business. Seriously he's saving us hundreds by doing it himself. I love him.

So off we go after work in both vehicles, his single cab truck and my car. Cause we don't all fit in his truck, yet we wanted to use it to pick up the air compressor before we sold it. Cause who needs three vehicles, not us.......

So we left immediately after I got home. We decided to put dinner off until we were done to just get it over with. So we get to Store 1, a national chain, where according to their website, they have 1 in stock and it's way cheaper than everyone else's 30 gallon air compressor.

So while he's doing his thing, I have the kiddos in a car buggy, running them around the store. Like crazy manics but they are amused. Duchess was "driving". Then comes the news 30 minutes later that all they have left is the floor model and it doesn't have all the parts with it, you want?

Noooooooooooooooo

So we head off to another branch of Store 1, downtown, about 45 minutes away. Great.......So I'm in traffic following The Man when I realize my glasses aren't in my purse. See at night, if I don't wear my glasses when driving, all the little red lights become one big red light, not good. So I have Princess searching my car for them and opps mommy I think they fell out in the car buggy when I moved your purse in Store 1. Greatttttttttttt

So I called The Man who was now at least 2 exits ahead of me. He was not happy. We turn off and head back to Store 1. By this time, it's almost 8 and the stores close at 9. Oh and we haven't had dinner. Duchess was also asleep in his truck.

So we get back to Store 1, The Man approaches the car buggy and viola, there are my glasses. So we load back up. Then I noticed that I was almost out of gas, so I called him and suggested a detour by the wholesaler place where I buy my gas. Again, not happy. But we got gas in the car and headed back towards the freeway.

At the last minute, The Man swears over towards a local Store 2, saying we might as well save ourselves a trip downtown, okay. So he goes in and comes out not happy, again.

So we then head to Store 3, this is where I made an ass of myself.

We hit Store 3 and sure enough there is the compressor we need, for almost the same money as the first deal. Woohoo, the teenaged clerk assures us it comes with the necessary tools and we're good to go. So I am standing at check out and he's ringing me up, when he happily announces that the tools and accessories are separate. Excuse me?

Here's the deal, don't tell me one thing and do another. I will eat you alive.

So I was like no, you're gonna honor what you told us, that is why we are purchasing this model. Blah blah blah, in the midst of the standoff, The Man comes running back saying that in the back on display is a better model (brand name) with all the tools he could ever need....he'll take that one.

Sigh

Okay, we'll take that one. So The Man takes the kids off to look at books while I wait to pay. I get asked for my card, then he punches all my name and stuff in the computer, ummmm hello. I don't want my name and address in your system. That is how you get junk mail and phone calls galore. No.

Sorry ma'am I can't sell it to you unless you're in the system..........WTF

Okay so what's your address?

F*ck you

Pardon? Nice little sweet boy that he was, he thought he misheard......

No, F*ck you. That is my address and if you want to make this commission you'll put it in the system.

So after some arguing and then him finally realizing that I wasn't budging. He put my address down as :

F*ck you Street
Kiss, AS 12345

My receipt proves it.

I can never shop there again. I may have a little problem with obsessing about things, but I'm tenatious and at least I'll see it through to the end. And, the fackers won't be giving out my brand new phone number to idiots to call my house................