Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, January 31, 2008

Night & Day

There is so much truth to this statement, night and day. When I had my second little girl, I was warned by too many people that they would be night and day. Be prepared. So I wasn't prepared for hell on wheels. Just really never gave it a second thought. What the hell was I thinking? Aren't your elders always right? Duh? Well now I have two distinctly different kids. They are truly night and day.

Princess is my emotional, thoughtful, sensative kid. Yeah she talks alot but the kid is my heart. She is so thoughtful that since today was "bring a friend" day at ballet, she only thought to bring her bestest friend, her sister. Wow, that's so much nicer than me. So off they went. Now I don't get off work in time to take her to ballet but since the daycare is across the road, they make sure she gets there twice a week for her conservatory classes. They rock. So by the time I got there it was already ongoing......
But Duchess, she is my soul. That kid is truly a handful and had no problems leaving class to greet me with a hug and kiss and a "I missed you, I really like the field trip today at school and I didn't get in much trouble at all" speech, said without taking a breath and in 2 seconds flat. Much trouble? Then she hightailed it back inside cause she was there to be her sissy's friend. She let it be known several times that she was only there at silly ballet cause her sister needed her. Geez, and I heard her through the glass observation window too, so it must have been very loud. No wonder the poor teacher stopped what is normally a serious class to pound some pills and slug water. Wimp.

So as you can see, Princess is concentrating on the task at hand, she really loves ballet. Gives it her all. Whereas Duchess is trying, I'll give her that. In between water breaks, potty breaks and hug breaks all taken without so much of a care if they interrupt the class.

Since she was obviously not a normal student, I had quite the little crowd surrounding me as I stood watching from the lobby. Several older girls were ahhhh-ing and several parents were smiling. Cause she is just damned cute huh? Not to mention the parents sitting out in front of the glass windows in their cars, watching their precious ones too.
So when I was asked if Duchess was mine, I said with a straight face, "Nope, not my kid" And when class let out, and she attacked my legs wanting lovings, I said in a sing-song voice "Come on darlings, I'll take you to your mother" To which Princess and Duchess both assured everyone in the room that I was indeed their mother, the vassel that bore them light. Crap.....



Cause this was only one instance that I managed to document on film. I swear, this is going in her high school year book. She gets that from The Man's side of the gene pool.