Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dare You To Make This!


I don't do alot of cooking now that the step-dad from heaven has arrived with all his chef-ly skills...

However, I did make them beautiful bad boys for a recent gathering of friends. I'm rather proud of it. In fact, I've ordered a blown up picture to hang above my bed.

So here you go: Fruit From Heaven Recipe

You'll need:

-bananas (at least three)
-apples (six Gala apples are my preference)
-kiwi (for garnish so just two)
-strawberries (small carton)
-one package crystal light orange flavoring
-water (duh)
-skewers (cut to size) or large party toothpicks

The secret to the whole concoction is the juice. Start by mixing one package of crystal light orange flavoring into the called for amount of water. Stir, put in fridge while you chop.

Then chop all your fruit into beautiful sized wedges. Be sure to trim down your skewers if you use those.

Then dip apples and bananas into the orange mix. This sweetens the fruit up as well as preserves it, something about the acid in the mix. However, when I make this I soak them for about 10 minutes in the mix before skewering. My fruit never loses it's crispy taste or beautiful color. No brown bananas!
Then get creative and skewer your fruit. When complete, aluminum foil the whole plate up and chill till serving time.
I never have left overs!