Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, April 1, 2007

CatchUp

I know it's been almost a week since I've posted, I should be shot and drug through the streets but I thank you for your patience. Whew, things have been really crazy here, as usual. Where do I even start? Oh how about I go in order of events? Okay....deep breath....

I finished my English class....the last one I'll ever have to take. I kicked it's butt. I got a 96 for the entire class however, the butthead, I mean professor gave me a B on my final paper on ADHD. What a jerk, he said I didn't cite my quotes right.....Loser. I totally did cause I had them checked by the official school paper center before turning them in. That is okay. I can live with this, see how well I'm doing so far?

However, that paper, 10 pages of utter torture was my entire week from Sun-Wed. Moving on...

Wednesday found this:

Beautiful spring weather we'd had until Wednesday morning brought the pain. Yep, woke up to this nasty stuff. These pictures are from my commute into work, otherwise known as the "ant-crawling-up-the-hill-and-took-forever-journey" During which I flipped off three people, swerved to avoid three wrecks in progress, and smoked wayyyyyy to much to soothe my nerves. The picture above is the parking lot at work, I sat in my warm car until the shuttle came around and tried to leave me.....honking steadily till they stopped will apparently get you a ride.

Then on Thursday The Man came home to roost. I meant stay, forever. He is home for good. Still doesn't feel that way but hey, who knows right? So, Thursday was spent working and then picking up the man from the airport. Then pizza.....delivery people rock!

Friday was a strange day. First off, the boss was out of office so it was very quiet. Got some stuff done in the morning, then they announced that there was "snacks" in the breakroom. People, my department rocks the boat! The above is the "small" plate I helped myself to. Yum. Oh and at noon we all left for a team-building afternoon of raquetball and pool. I had to drag myself back into the house afterwards and took a three hour nap. The children and The Man just smiled and waved. I am still in pain. I'm too old to learn raquetball. And too fluffy.



Saturday was a busy day. First off I got new tires on my car. Needed them so badly but I hate spending money like you wouldn't believe. I utterly HATE parting with my money. Which is why Duchess didn't get that fur coat she wanted, see above. Afterwards we then hit the outlet, read: scratch/dent or scratch/sniff as The Man says, center of the furniture store I turned down a job with. So you understand why I can't shop in any of the local stores, I would have been the office manager over them all, opps.... But the outlet center people didn't know me, SWEET.


This ugly bench is real wood, yes I used a pocket knife and checked before I conned, I mean bartered with the wharehouse guy to sell it to me cheap. Nevermind that it had no price tag....We started at $75 but I paid $25 no tax. It's so freaking ugly but it fits that wall, gives us extra seating and The Man and I are already mentally planning it's revamp. Coming soon to a blog near you...



However, this is what I had sweet dreams about! I love this darn coffee table. Loved it in the store, even thought they wanted $300-500 for it and it's bigger brother. However, at the outlet, this bad boy was $50. Yep, seems they cracked the marble top so The Man and I will be replacing those tiles with a different color scheme. This picture does it no justice so I'll post better ones soon.
So you'll love it as much as I do.....
Now for the bestest news in the whole wide world.......
Since we relocated to this burb land deep in the mountains, we have felt very blessed to have moved on to a normal life outside of the military. Things aren't easy but they are good and we are adjusting pretty dang good I think....
However, my best friend, walking-partner, the person who made me.....My mom called me Saturday. We knew that her and my amazingly awesome Step-Dad, wanted to retire to the mountains and were entertaining thoughts of moving here next fall/winter... Well then my mom went and applyed for a transfer to the next town, which she got! And she starts work here in the burbs a week from tomorrow. Yeppers, people are you seeing how amazing this is, my mom is just as studly as I am....
So in less than a week, my mom who has never even laid eyes on this place, will be joining us here in the mountains with my step-dad following as soon as he gets the stuff together. I can't explain how good this is. Being military we never lived near any family. Our friends became our family, and any good military wife will tell you, you choose friends sparingly and well....
But we are now going to have, in the same house, family. This is good people. My kids will know their mimi and pepaw. They will spend time with us all and know their family. Plus, the whole bottom floor of our house that is sitting empty and we only use a piece of it to watch tv? Yep, gonna be filled with the sound my mom, loud music, singing, and laughing. I can't wait.