Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, March 19, 2007

What a weekend...

Happy Belated St. Paddy's Day. For all my lovely Irish and wanta be Irish friends. Just love this picture, very cute when you don't consider that Mr. Care Bear is totally poluting and such. Oh well, happy holiday.

Great visit from The Man. We had some good family time. I baked......see those yummy yummy rolls. (Took the leftovers to work, they Loveeeeeeeeee me now, as never before)
We took the fam out for dinner. Ms Princess decorated her leftovers, what fun. What was even more fun was them scrambling back and forth under the table cause no one could decide who they wanted to sit with. Ahhhh the bliss of having children. Add the fact that Duchess wore big ole pants that showed some ahhhhhh crack, and that made for lots of table laughter and pissy looks from other diners.

Then The Man and Duchess took me to lunch each day while I was working hard. Note that they were fishing and playing hard while I was working. But we managed to behave ourselves at lunch at least. No buttcrack in sight.



The Man has this unfortunate affection for crab. I HATE crab. I HATE the smell of crab, the look for crab and the mere presence of crab on my table. Yet, he orders crab legs. Princess went over to the dark side to join him. At least they didn't chase me around the restuarant with it this time. They left me to temble against my seat in fear that nasty crab juice would fly my way. Ewwww. Still having nightmares over that one.



The only other big news is that The Man managed to return to the East Coast for his last 11 days of training without a freak snow blizzard hell-freezing-over flight delayed all night adventure. Oh and then on Sunday I wrote a lovely paper about how commercials during kid programming are ruining our children, spoiling them in every way and making them obnoxious and disobedient punks who will one day destroy Earth as we know it. Yeah, good huh? I was pretty proud of myself. Go me and my statistical argumentative paper!


Oh and there was the matter of my getting my first pair of roller blades and attempting to try them out, prior to which both The Man and my MOTHER told the children to call 911 if mommy fell and couldn't get up. Needless to say, there are NO pictures on earth of this feat, and I didn't fall.


However, note to self, a good mother does not grab the four year olds hand and drag her down with her when she takes a spill.


If I keep repeating this, maybe it'll stick.