Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, March 4, 2007

Another weekend bites the dust

We started our weekend with a snowy day. As you can tell, it completely repainted the back of the house, funny how living next to a lake will do that. Huh. We managed to keep warm and dry until the sun came out and melted all freaking 3 inches that fell earlier. Still scratching my head over snow, can't believe we actually LIVE here.

Once it was pretty again, we decided to take Princess for a much needed trim. After braving Costco and Wal-Mart. Forget weekly shopping trips, now that I'm working, it's all monthly baby. I could barely close the trunk! My baby looks great with a couple inches off the bottom and a serious bang trim but camera died when Duchess decided to run over it with our buggy.

This is the innocent face she made right before she absconded with the camera and buggy. Stinker. She who refuses to have a haircut in two years. Get her near a beauty chair and you get the look of death and a promise to bite. Sooooooo no trim for Duchess.


Otherwise I did manage to completely (with no help at ALL) organize and clean out my garage. No more Duke boys maneuvers out of windows! I also had to move The Man's truck from one side of the pitiful excuse for a driveway to the other. Since I don't drive standard, this was a 20 minute process however please notice that it is in there straight! Also, ignore that metallic smell of burnt gears while looking at the picture. I'm sure the smell is all part of your imagination!



On a happier note, this is from my meeting on Friday morning. Yes I had to be there early. Yes I had to not eat lunch and then stay late but it was worth it. Why you ask????? Cause I had free food all day. This is the spread for breakfast. Please notice that my usual 32 ounces Big Gulp of Dr. Pepper is nowhere in sight. I actually had water, all day...........are you still there? Get off the floor, it's cold down there. The job is so great I'm wearing bruises from the constant pinching of my flesh. Did I mention that I love this job? Even though they attached the umbilical cord on Friday, with the instructions that yes it even goes to the bathroom with me. Crap! However, once someone actually showed me how a text pager worked, it got easier. However, I work walking between 10 different buildings (in glassed in tunnels, how cool is that, specially in snow!) so I totally got the reasoning behind that when at 3:45 I got a page that read "come to room 1322 in bldg 10 NOW, we have CAKE" Yep, I love it there.