Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, June 16, 2012

Interesting Day

So I know I am behind on here, but amusing note from my day. It was a rainy day, so the girls and I did our errands in the morning and then took a big ole nap. We woke up and started moving boxes into the basement when I heard the roar of the familiar truck. Dave was home like 3 hours early. He was a Friday work bandit. So in the pouring rain, the two of us escaped the kids to run up to the store to order the girlies their dressers and bookshelves. Then it was off to pick up his Father's Day gift.

Can you guess what it is?

A gun you say?

How did you know? Yeah, so we went to the little gun shop in town where he got the gun he's been drooling over for some time for almost 100 bucks less than we can find it anywhere else.

It might have been me. :) Cheesy grin!

See, I was giving him the usual amount of poop and sass while he was trying to talk me into a new gun too. I like my guns thank you. So, NO. And finally when we rang out, I noticed a huge discount on the gun and ammo. The old guy running the place tells us to please come back. We apparently amused the hell out of him.

So if we managed that while I was in greasy hair, had three zits on my chin, no makeup and sorta in pjs, I can't wait till our next visit. I might make some kind of effort.

Might.

But my man is happy.

And clutching a new handgun. Bless his heart.

(And as I type this, he is moving all those boxes into the basement HAPPILY. I'm gonna milk this new gun for a weekend worth of work baby, yeah!)