Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hail the Baking Goddess

You betta recognize! Okay all horn touting aside, last night was a pretty big nite. Dave's boss and a huge client were over for dinner. Dave thought it'd be better to have them over to our house for dinner than a restaurant. So I spent all afternoon cooking a can't fail dinner:

1. my momma's "make-ya-slap-somebody" jambalaya .... this takes three hours of baby-ing
2. jalapeno cornbread made with cream style corn, cheese and those hot and spicy little peppers we all love so much (don't rub your eyes yo)
3. a salad to end all salads: baby cucumbers, baby tomatoes, snow peas, radishes, broccoli, and etc with four dressings (I had some left over for lunch, yummy)

and to wrap it all off......

I was clueless about desserts. Because it's my kitchen, the entire meal was gluten-free but it's not something I announce to everyone so I needed a kill dessert to top it off. Except my signature recipe: carrot cake? I made that last time his boss came to dinner... you just don't do that you know. So I dug around and looked for something yummy.

Couldn't find shit, so I made my own recipe and if I do say so myself, those blueberry and cream cheese scones OMGAWD, seriously there was none left, cause our guests took them home in goodie bags.

So yeah, I rocked that beotch out of the park. Plus it was so cute how thrilled Dave was with my skillz. When I want to, I can really do some cool things with this gluten free thing going.

On the GF note: found a new tummy doc. Now we are doing more testing to see how I'm doing and then I'll be all healthy and fun!