Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So I got to meet some more neighbors

I had my former nanny come visit me, it was a good visit. If you're a reader of this blog then you know that that nanny saved my bacon when I was battling recovering from surgery and my local after school care program closed. So when we relo-ed adn didn't need our nanny anymore, we kept her. Literally, lol. Her four little ones adore my kids and with six kids running all over this place, it was insane.

We saw some local nature stuff, gysers and hot springs. Then Saturday night it went to hell in a handbasket. Her oldest boy is 5 and that little guy has always been medically challenged. But bless his little heart, the extreme change in weather prompted an attack. So for the first time ever, I had an ambulance at my house.

Luckily they were able to stablize him, but when they showed up I was nervous. I literally live in the boonies. In the middle of nowhere.... the nearest hospital is almost an hour way. But since it was shift change, I had four paramedics show up to get him back on track.

Let's look at the paramedics:
1. the husband of Princess' math teacher - remember we'd had tea at their house when we first moved here cause she and Prin weren't seeing eye to eye on the best way to get math help? Yeah, I gots that shit fixed up with some charm and "you don't intimidate me chick"... when in doubt, always do a home visit ;) little southern tip there for you. But now, I'm that teacher's biggest fan! So it works...... off subject, sorry.

2. Mother of one of Duchess' classmates

3. Husband of the postal lady who cracks me up

4. Teacher at Duchess' school.

Once he was under control, they had me rolling. Apparently, my grace-less-ness is well known. They'd all put bets on it being me and what'd I done to myself. Everyone knew someone in my family and where amazingly proactive with little man.

Then there was my few neighbors....while we live on the side of a mountain, we overlook a canyon so apparently the lights from the ambulance were visible for about four miles. Cause that is how far from me that a friend lives. She called.... was already dressed and heating up her truck thinking it was me or my babies. She was on her way.

I'm blessed. It's not perfect, it's not Texas but I'm settling in nicely here and making my way. It sure is simpler out in the country. Although if Dave is to get me further out in the country, he'd have to move me the far reaches of Canada. geez.