Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, October 9, 2011

The couple that inks together......



So I finished my tattoo this weekend. The Dave Dave Guy I Crave was in town thanks to some AMA training and we got him every night and all weekend. I'm completely spoiled now. :) I got the cajun tie in I wanted and the girlie flourishes to finish it off. I'm totally in love with my wrist now! Yes please! And even better, my guy went with me. I think he got a kick out of seeing me in the chair staring at the ceiling like I was getting a pedicure instead of a tattoo. For someone who is a complete wimp when it comes to pain, I actually maintain very well when getting a tattoo. Would have never put money on that one.


So I was able to intro Dave to my tattoo guy, Joe. Joe is a piece of work and frankly after interviewing damn near every place in town, he's the only one I'd let touch me with a tattoo gun. He's funny as hell and very OCD about his work. I like it. In fact, we had to go eat and shop for an extra hour before we could get started because his tools were in the steralizer still. Sure, no prob! So this was me right after before he slathered it up and wrapped it. The idiot behind me was so out of it and I'm pretty sure it was due to his frequent trips to the restroom.

The highlight of the night was when we walked in. Joe knows me by name and everyone else looked down their nose at the "prissy" girl (snort) but when Dave walked in behind me, the place froze. In his polo shirt, clean cut self appearance... he really does look like a cop. And stands like a military guy and his poker face is awesomely hawt... I digress. Joe and Dave got on like a house on fire and when he changed shirts to get his tat, everyone sighed collectively, snicker. I take it that a sleeveless shirt that showed his other tat removes the smell of cop from him. Riiiiiiight.

 So Dave has been ready to get his Navy tat. He wanted to let time pass before he got it but it was always his plan. He told Joe what he wanted and boom. it was time. And I about wet my pants, that farker is MASSIVE. Joe's excuse was that Dave has massive arms hence the need for a massive tattoo on said arm but dayum baby. NASA (if there was still a real NASA, thanks OBAMA) could read that muther from outer space. It was a kick to watch him get it though cause I've never been present when he was inked.

But after giving ten years of his life to the Navy, well I guess one way to honor that is a MASSIVE FARKING TATTOO.

Now if we could stop touching each other's left arm/wrist where we have fresh ink, this would be better.