Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's At My House

There is something to be said about having the family that I have. There are no babysitters, no drunken parties, no cab rides home. Nope, that's not how we ring in the New Year.

H4G's special ribs (the secret is in the glaze/rub combo), purple hull peas bubbling on the stove with some bacon and onions, the fixings for potato salad in the making and a pecan pie (GF of course) on standby.

We eat until I gain back the 2 lbs I lost this past week on vacay, and then we sit and rub out bellies playing Train until midnight when we'll play Wii and sip our apple juice till we all pass out in a holiday coma.

I love my family.

I love how we do things.

I love ribs.

Hence, I love New Years!

Be safe and may the new year be a blessing of bounty to us all!