Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, December 4, 2010

I'm proud, but I cried a little

So in lieu of the lice infestation going through the schools.....we got a nice letter about it, apparently it truly is rampant in this damn town during winter..... we signed off on the girls getting a big ole haircut. This makes all our lives easier and since their hair grows as fast as mine it'll be back long by summer, we ok-ed.

But it stepped up a notch, cause Duchess came to me and told me that she wanted to donate her hair to cancer kids. Seems watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition is bringing some good changes in my kids. After watching a show featuring a lot of little kids with no hair in a cancer unit, she and I talked a month or so ago about how they can get wigs from people's donated hair. And she wanted to, my heart just swelled up and about burst.

So this morning, off we went.

 Princess now has a stylish, sleek thinned out bob that is just adorable.
 She lost 7 inches. Not enough to donate but she didn't want to go much shorter so next time for her. We left it up to the kids.
 Duchess now has a very short curly bob, after losing all that hair weight, we realized that she was as curly as her momma and mimi. She keeps touching the hair and can't get over how light it feels.
 Considering how MUCH hair she had before, I totally get that.
The baby lost 13.5 inches and we have it bagged up and ready to donate.

And now, they want to grow it back out and do it all again........

I really can't ask for more from my kids. They are so aware of the world around them and the needs of others. My heart just truly can't be any bigger than right at this moment.