Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, February 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So I'm using my weekends to not only catch up on housework, laundry and homework but also to do some of the little house improvement things I've wanted to for so long.

Like Princess' room: now that she is getting older, she needs a little style, a little coolness, a little "my mom is not quite the dork she seems" so we're working on that. Since her comforter, you know the big girl one she picked out last year, is chocolate with pink and yellow accents we bought a bunch of various sized black frames. Then I painted them all chocolate brown. Now we're filling them to actually put some color on her walls. We started with a 16x20 poster that we've framed in the chocolate brown. Pink background and the subject is Princess herself, eight big pics of her in various scarves, hats, and jewelry. Cute as a bug. Now if only I had more places for her to hide her "tweeny" crap.

Duchess' room is my biggest nightmare, that is a total play it by ear and we'll come back to it project.

My next goal will be to find the perfect entertainment center, although I don't want an actual entertainment center. I'm picky. This could take a year. Wait, it already has........

The cabinet man is here today, so I'm high on fumes as they refinish the edges of my countertops, they were nasty and faded after less than a year of use. So we're fixing all that drama.

The fence is up and since the snots behind us have a trampoline, they are now jumping up high to call my kids names. Is it wrong to flip off a 12 year old boy? Don't judge me.

After a week of having one kid with an upper viral infection and one with strep, working from home and squeezing in doctor visits, we are now officially fever free. Holy hannah as my LDS friend says on a daily basis, this rocks. For the record, living in Utah for two years now and considering that I only have two LDS friends, makes me wonder if it's me or if I really am the Baptist at the BBQ.

Tonight I'm gonna paint, something for my Nanny, cause I totally hung the pic she wanted. I suck. So we'll see how that works out.

Oh and The Man, well he flies in Friday for a weekend visit.

Do not disturb.