Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, March 25, 2013

Screw My Age

I love when nobody is around cause I can totally act a fool and forget that whole downside of 30 shit. Yeah, I'll be ringing in 36 this May and frankly it can kiss my ass. Other than the fact that I'm fat and have new wrinkles and grey hair that I have to keep dyed, my life rocks, lol.

I'm deep in a fascination with agressive 80's rock. It may be my mood lately but I even got the kids asking Dave for Guns & Roses music, lol. Poor Dave. I got some Alice Cooper blaring while I'm typing this, although it's via headphones since the entire house is asleep. Including Murphy who has a new found attachment to his momma for some reason. I'm in my chair and he's shoveled his fat ass up here with me so he can snuggle up and sleep. Now keep in mind that Dave is sprawled in the king sized bed down the hall with tons of room but oh no, mom's not in there so neither is Murphy. The older he gets, the more attached to me he is. Maybe it's cause I talk to him throughout the day when it's just us here. Maybe cause I feed him but refuse to bath him or pick up his poop. Hey, I have kids. That is totally their job sugarfaces. Not mine! Likewise with scrubbing bathtubs. Oh and feet. I don't do feet either, random but important. I do not clip toenails. Dave does. Ewwwww gag, feet.

Moving on, so things are good here in the ass dimples of Montana. It's still snowing. We got up to a whooping 21 degrees today. The wind was like 30 mph so the drive to church, an hour away, was interesting. Luckily Dave drives in this stuff everyday with his commute so he's a pro. I just say soothing things to him so I feel like I'm helping.... you know, husband stuff. Like: You look very handsome in that shirt honey; I like the no shave look you have going on, sexy and scruffy; Did I mention that I made a brisket for dinner? Yeah, see I contribute.

I like riding to church in his truck. First off, its got leather seats (my poor Fanny doesn't have leather seats) and mostly it's because my seat has a seat heater that could keep soup boiling. Damn I do so luv having a warm bum. Seriously gave this some thought today. That has to be like in my top five fav things.... his seat heater for the truck. Course he never uses his but I love the fact that he goes out to crank the truck before we leave anywhere so it's nice and warm, plus he NEVER forgets to turn on MY seat heater. Yeah, that man gets whatever the hell he wants people.... he spoils my ass rotten and there is no good reason which makes him even better. Speaking of riding to church, one day I'll have to take pics of this track. We literally drive an hour one way to go to this one church... it's an amazing church and the pastor is on fire for the Lord. He preaches to real people too... today I came away with this jewel: JESUS DIDN'T DIE FOR US TO BE PERFECT, HE REDEEMED US BECAUSE HE KNOWS WE NEVER WILL BE. Yeah, for sinners like me, this is a comfort. I try to be good but I am a sinner so I will always struggle. Moving on, the kids are hysterical on the drive. They have each graduated to ipod/phones and headphones. They are jamming the whole way there. Nobody really likes to listen to Dave's music for an hour straight so we all bring our own. lol. Poor Dave. But the driver always has radio control, hence his rule for always driving lol. I usually bring a blanket and nap too. Cause I'm cool like that. Put me in a warm seat and start driving, I'm out jack. Like a light. We never eat after church in that town, it's a oil boom town and frankly there is nowhere to eat that isn't packed anyway. We always stop and get a bag of: mentos ( I have an unhealthy addiction to them), cokes, beef jerky and cashews. We have the worse snack habits, lol. But add all that crap together and Princess can burp a hole in a window. Good grief. We also spend that ride home chatting usually about our week and telling funny stories before the ipods come back out.

So on that note, say a little prayer for a friend of mine... her family is trying to get custody of their little niece who really needs to be with their family!

And to help me stay on the wagon... cause I'm craving a smoke so damn bad right now.

Peace out monkeys!