Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Snowy Trip

A little while ago, the Hubs and I took a trip into the mountains for a night away from the kids for my work party. Woohoo, we have had two nights this year to ourselves and we made the most of our naked time, opps our time together. But first we had to drive through the first snow storm of the season to get there...which started before we left, dang the luck.
So here is us leaving the boondocks, where we live. Outskirts of a large city that is rapidly growing....that is so sad....this is where The Man and I are happily chatting and catching up on our gossip.

Here is the mouth of the storm, where The Man started loudly complaining about the local drivers, who should know how to drive in such crappy weather but apparently don't care. I started reading my book, yummy yummy Eve Dallas book....which I've become so hooked on, that I've started walking into my shower and ordering it to 98 degrees, dang thing don't work.

So here we are almost there, visability has gotten better the higher we came as we caught a break in the storm. However, that vein in The Man's forehead has grown massive and his jaw has been clinched for about ohhhh 40 miles. He has decided that all the idiots in this state should be roasted on an open spit, that was the nicest thing he has said..I'm still reading my book.

We're getting closer to our hotel, and the road has improved, yet the idiot in front of us has slid off the road and back on four times in less than a mile.....The Man is now questioning the parental breeding involved in the existance of this person..

Oh our turn at the hotel, road is worse but my car is a badass, so here we go. The Man is by now cursing the fact that he has to wear a tie, which he couldn't find, meaning after checking in, he has to go back to the town we passed and buy a tie. We should check out the fact that he only wore a tie at our wedding because it was part of his naval uniform....and has never wore one again. So I was hearing alot about this tie at this point...and reading my book, and going uh-huh... Not to mention the abilities of the local drivers..I think I've mentioned that before.

Tucked into this is our hotel, I love it....we're almost there, and The Man has about blown that vein in his forehead. I'm still reading my book. It was a great part.

We've checked into our room and I am loving the view. The only noise was the ski lift generators that ran constantly.....the man was so happy with the suite that the man actually didn't mention the road conditions or the lousy drivers or anything but ahhhhh this couch is comfortable. Yeah we're loving life at that point, okay he was, I was running like crazy with snow in my curlers trying to finish up the party site. But it worked out....and I got to stand out on that balcony and look at this beautiful site and hear the generators for 24 hours. It was great......
And the snow kept coming....and kept coming....so the firm had the shuttle take us up in two busloads rather than one, in case one crashed and burned, half of the firm would survive to carry on...I wish I was kidding but I'm not.
So instead of running home, since the weather was already bad, The Man agreed to hit the outlets with me, woohoo...shopping baby. All in all, it was a great snowy trip.