Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Having Babies under the Tree.....

No we're not talking about Jamie Lynn Spears today, but The Man and I have noticed a problem. The presents are multiplying under our tree faster than bunnies on crack. He swears that when we turn the lights off for the night, the presents are bumping ribbons and making baby presents.

In reality, I know it's because this year, my husband is home for the entire holiday season hence he is out purchasing gifts and picking things up here and there. My mother and father are in my basement, meaning they are purchasing gifts and picking things up here and there. And I've done the usual, buy everything for everyone assuming I'm the only one doing it. There are also the presents for teachers, coworkers, family and friends that have NOT been mailed yet, under my tree.

This translates into the biggest Christmas ever.

You know it's bad when you have your little girls' birthday party and one kid wants to take her gift back home, cause "Duchess already has everything" said while pointing to the mound of presents under our tree.

So I sat down with a list and listed everything we've bought them......and us and my mom and the photo elusive step-dad....

-a crap ton of clothes, because you don't move your kids into the winter wonderland of six months of snow without winter clothes, which we did......so I'm making up for it now.
-alot of cool room stuff (new bedding, lamps, posters)
- toys
-learning toys
- scientific toys

I'm gonna stop here and I'll just say that next year I'm in serious trouble.........I'll be buying Christmas starting in April.