Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, December 30, 2007

Bullets In My Bra

Holiday fun means different things to different people. We've enjoyed our holiday season just being close and hanging out together. It has been quite the experience. So yesterday on The Man's last day off we headed out to shoot at the local range since it was too cold to do so outside. The place was full of men and rednecks and 4x4 trucks. However it worked out well. We made quite the scene busting up in there, but I had yet to shoot my new gun so The Man wasn't having any excuses. So in we go, all in earplugs, Duchess picked them out, we were all rocking some purple earplugs. It was cramped and crowded but fun. Our friend, Mrs. C, was there and shot for the first time, that was pretty cool.

The Man took the the girls in and got several rounds in. Princess is turning out to be quite the markswoman. However, she was very upset that she couldn't bring her bow in and get some arrows notched.

Then it was my turn, reloading momma that I am. My gun shoots beautifully and it was a great time had by all.
Afterwards, we parted, The Man taking the kids home and having some guitar superstar fun, while me and Mrs. C took off and about to hit a good sale at the penney's. It was quite a good sale. I got some blankets and I got the Man some good clothes for work.
Then I found some nice work clothes, so I headed off to the dressing rooms with my stash. It was there while changing out of my forty pounds of layering that I finally got down to my shirt. After whipping it off, I bent over to untie my boots and out of my bra feel a dang shell casing.
Is it redneck of me to have bullets in my bra?