Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, October 21, 2013

Not the Sharpest Tool in our Shed

I keep losing my new truck. I park and go about my business... then come out and wonder around the parking lot for like three minutes then I get smart and use the clicker to set off the alarm so I can aha! locate my truck. I swear the blonde hair dye is sinking through my hair and into my brain. I can't remember what color it is. This is a legitimate issue too. My new truck is a very classy blue (blue-grey) and in different lighting looks different colors. And since I promised Dave I wouldn't put all my girl stickers all over that bitch like I did my Expedition, well I have no visual clues. I just got done creating and printing invitations for my two upcoming trunk shows. Very exciting. All the first week of November, we will be seeing some uber fun peeps. My hair stylist in another town is hosting one and then a lady here in town is hosting another. Both will be in retail-ish settings. I really don't like the "home" shows.... dude, that's peoples home and their toliets and etc. Yeah, no......... I'm out. So the first will be held in her salon which is gorgeous space and a huge fireplace. The second is a good deal I worked with a brand new hotel in town. A major named hotel (for this area at least) which has a stunning business center and the manager... well she's in Lions Club with me. ;) I got a good deal. Now to get all my stock in and ready to roll. Duchess gave up on tap. I don't blame her bless her heart. She just wasn't having fun. She was enjoying the learning but they don't have beginner classes for all ages here. People here start at 4 and 5 and then work up. She was in a class with a ton of 4/5 year olds. It got old and frankly if she's not gaining confidence from something, we move on. I am all about my kids trying new things to gain confidence and learn about themselves.... hence the damn sax that still squeeks more than it should. Piano has at least gotten to the point where they play actual songs and I do so love to hear them practice. Duch was playing her upcoming Christmas pieces and then broke out into the theme song to Scooby Doo, LOVE! I love working in my little office and having them down the hall just playing away. And since I've gotten tougher about tv time during the week (hello, we need all A's and B's up in this murther) they seem to have more time to play. Dave is doing what Dave does. He rocks. I worry as I watch him juggle the responsiblity that is upon him and I just pray for him. The Lord has blessed him and he really is a great boss. (I'm biased but I love to listen to him work) The other day he was telling me a little story about how he was interviewing someone in their 50's. With a ton of experience and some in management. I guess the guy's first comment was "Dave, just want you to know I'm not out to get your job"... Dave cracks me up... he was all "If I have to worry about my job like that, I wouldn't be with this company"... so true and such a blessing. Never know where the Lord will take us but he has really blessed Dave's career and helped him find favour with his employers. Our family is so very lucky and blessed and we are aware of that fact. My day was bittersweet.... none of us have felt very good. Princess has slept most of the day away and is groggy which is just not her. The rest of us are kinda dragging and lazy. The funk is upon us. But we managed to get to church (and thanks to the wind I flashed the truck next to us - I was wearing the cutest pair of brown panties mom, you'd been proud)... and that was pretty much it. Duchess and Dave are trying to build a sample of a microscope for her science extra credit project. So far they are using my hair clips, a paper towel roll, a CD and alot of little pieces of metal and tools from the man cave. It's kinda a hot mess. When they are done, she wants to spray paint the whole thing pink. ummmmm , ok. Poor Murphy has the chili poops. I wish you'd read that wrong but no, you read it right. Dave made a big ole pot of his famous chili (GF of course for me) and then we baked some potatoes and shoved chili and cheese inside for a lazy dinner. Yum right. Well Dave has gotten into this habit of putting his plate down next to his chair for Murphy to "clean" the last of it before it goes into the dishwasher. Turns out, he walked away and left half his bowl of stud chili in his chair when his phone rang in another room. Murphy finished that off for him. Then promptly began the whining at the door parade. He's pooped chili poops three times so far. So here I sit, up with the pooper cause everyone is in bed. Sigh........... Wish me luck. My goal in the morning is to get up and make everyone breakfast....... put on a damn bra (sports bra works), sweats and shoes so that after I drop the kids off at school I can go straight to the gym. Yeah, read that right too, i joined back to the damn gym. It's either that or I'ma name my Muffintop. Gym it is.