Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, December 27, 2007

Batteries not included*

The total cost of Christmas aside, why in the hell do toys now come without batteries? I made three trips to Walmart in the nearest town, in three consecutive days, each and every time, forgetting the batteries, the very life force to make these stupid new toys work.

So I ran up to the corner store where milk is $8.50 a gallon and picked up some batteries under extreme pressure.... i.e. Duchess grounded me
Total battery cost so that I can hear the four best songs from High School Musical.....$5.90

Total cost of the batteries to make this karaoke contraption work, cause Duchess likes to serenade everyone in the potty...... $4.55

Cost to make her a guitar star......$4.55
Not pictured, the 8 D batteries needed to make beautiful music come out of the new keyboard..... $10.30
I.E. I'm broke, however, I'm still going to IKEA tomorrow, where batteries are not necessary for happiness....
Need anything?