Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cajun Loving

The aunts have pulled through. They managed to send me a box ontime (which makes me very embarassed as I haven't mailed anything yet, hello UPS man...) and out of the blue.

Have you ever drooled when opening a present?

Try one with this:

gumbo base

crawfish jelly

sweet potato butter

muscadine jelly

red bean and rice seasonings

cajun honey

Hello sweet things, how are you? You're looking mightly good today...

I'm ashamed to say I opened every jar and tasted it all...with a lot of eye rolling and sighing. The Man then pointed out that thanks to my greediness I would have to find room in my stocked fridge to put it all. Oh bother...

What is the approprate thank you for a box of home-style goodness?

I'm sending a stripper!