Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, August 21, 2013

They Exhaust Me

 
They completely wore me out today. I spent more time in my truck than I have in a month. Last night ran long, cause I literally stood in a chick's garage for two hours waiting to sign Duchess up for dance classes. She's taking tap. She has shoes. She has no clue what she's doing. She's excited. Monday afternoons for her are now a little full.
 

 
Princess had me up bright and early. She's had volleyball open gym for days now practicing and preparing for tryouts. This was what I woke up to. She's stretching and getting ready. Poor Duchess and Murphy were zombies. It's hard to sleep through the banging and slamming around of her getting warmed up. (As of this afternoon, she made the high school team!!! Woot) However I took her up to the school gym at 10 for the first session of tryouts. Just to get a call from her that because she was gone in July, she didn't get her school physical like everyone else, so she needed it before she could try out. In my pjs, I drove her to the clinic and we sat until they could squeeze her in. She got cleared and less than two hours later I had her back up there. Then there was a two hour break. Drove her and a friend home. Fed all three kids different things (picky ass kids). Drove the teen to a 30 minute piano lesson rather than her normal hour to make time for the afternoon tryout. Picked up teen and friend, drove them to practice. Drove home. Drove Duchess to piano for an hour. Drove home. Made a cobbler for Dave's work people for tomorrows safety conference. Drove to pick up piano kid then volleyball kid who pranced to the truck with good news. It was 4. We then drove over an hour to the town where Dave works to see his hairdresser. The locals just butcher hair here so he got my girls into his hair lady. She rocked. At six, both girls were finishing up when Dave pulled up. We all met to grab some food. It was great. Unusual for that town. Except we split up on the way home.... Duchess with me and Princess with Dave. As usual, Dave blasts past me and is about two miles ahead. 2/3 way home, Duchess shouts. Said she was gonna be sick. Please note, we were in middle of nowhere. I slammed on brakes and pulled off road. Threw on flashers, run around truck, drag her out and in my console I keep baby wipes so PERFECT. Get her into the brush and she's embarrassed and upset and I hear rather than see Dave roaring back and doing a perfect U-turn in behind me. With him there, she doesn't care about anyone seeing her, she was sick as a dog. We race for home. Both kids sick. Clueless.
 

But in between driving like a crazy person all day, I managed to finish up most of the room moving. Princess got the den downstairs and Duchess got her old room. Since we'd gotten a queen sized bed for my folk's visit, Duchess was able to move from bunks in the small bedroom to a queen in the bigger one. Both girls have plenty of room and now I have a dedicated office in the small bedroom. Not sure why I didn't think of this before, lol. Duchess' room complete except for new bedding that was in the wash. The stuffed animals just melt me. Still kinda my baby.
Princess's room is huge so I'll only show you one end. This is the bedroom end with the lounger at the foot of the bed for the tv viewing. The other end of the room is her little sitting room. Worked out perfect. Just needs some cohesion on the wall.
I also managed to finally sit down and look through the book I made for our anniversary last week. Seventeen years ago on August 16th, Dave and I met at a gas station in Tulsa. It was a great day. I had him a book made and got him this awesome little metal crane clock that actually moves and lifts shit for his desk. I got some girlie crap and a coupon for four massages. Hell to the yeah.
 
So after all is said and done. I have two kids in bed wore the hell out. Dave is pounding the treadmill downstairs, there is something very soothing about the sound of that. Murphy is barking at his ball which he keeps pushing under the loveseat for me to drag out. And me, well I'm just tired. Tomorrow should slow down a little. God I love my life and these people.