Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, August 23, 2013

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

How many times do you make a trip to Wal-Mart for a handful of things.... yet walk out spending $350? If you're me? EVERY SINGLE EFFFFING TIME. It's become a running joke in my family. Because it's over an hour drive to the nearest Wally World and the local prices of everything is so damn high that it's worth the drive, the entire famn dam comes along.

So let me break it down for you, honestly... Tuesday night we went to Wally. Dave had to drop a work truck off for repair so we drove over to pick him up. And since there was a big ole shiney Wal-Mart across the street.....well. yeah. Duchess needed a new queen sized bedding set for her new bed. That was the whole reason for going into wally. I swear.

We hit the door. Duchess and I holding hands (cause we always have to go pee first thing, it's weird) and we come out of the bathroom and Princess and Dave are nowhere to be found. Here we go. I get a buggy and we head straight to the bedding section. After some debate and color discussions, she picks a comforter and sheet set that is a compromise. My requirement was that it match the black and pink already in her room and she wanted something super bright. We did well I think. Then we head over to grab mom some more shampoo/conditioner.

I come out of the edge of the aisle and there they are. I see the other two at the end of the store with a buggy and they are in workout section. Which means they've already hit ammo/guns. Their buggy has: three boxes of various ammo, some loading powder, two new weight plates for the lifting bar, and more. lol.... so oh boy.

Then it was "why don't we go ahead and grab school supplies cause we're already here".... dear Lord.

Not gonna lie, $335.87.

And since I'd not budgeted for that crap, it really makes it hard for me to stay on my saving goals.

So last night I had THE BEST IDEA EVER..... (deserves all caps, shut up)

Since I shop a lot on Amazon and they deliever my toilet paper to my house, why not Wal-Mart. Sure enough, I was able to sit down this morning and buy the nine things I needed on my list.

All detergent
Paper plates
Clorox wipes
Dishwashing tabs
cereal
other cereal
freshy fresh- don't ask
paper towels

Grand total of $45.98 with no tax and no shipping. It'll be here next Thursday. Since I wasn't completely out of anything, the timing was okay.

Dudes, I just saved $300 by NOT going to Wal-Mart to shop at Wal-Mart.

I deserve a effffffffing nap!