Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, September 13, 2012

That's Mrs. Cool Teacher To You

So I decided when the kids started back to school that I would stay busy and volunteer at the schools. Then I realized that they need subs and I just happen to have a degree. So it's laughable what I'm making an hour, but I freaking love subbing for the middle school kids. They crack me up. Please Princess and I get to hang out, cause she loves having me there.

Except, now that we are three weeks in and I've worked darn near the whole time... well I've become well known. I can't go anywhere....... without a kid calling me out. I remember that this use to happen to my mom when she taught school, but it's really funny.

Until I'm in my pjs, with no makeup on and my hair is a greasy mess. Then it's all....

MOM, it's the cool teacher I was telling you about....

Little dude, that's Mrs. Cool Teacher to you.

These damn people up here do not raise their babies to be respectful at all. Good grief.