Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, February 2, 2013

My New Hobby

This week I started kickboxing. Cause frankly my life isn't busy enough.... now I have a full workout schedule. Two days a week of zumba, two days a week of kickboxing and the rest of the week I'll walk/jog and stretch. Hopefully, I'll pull weight soon. I'm down 3 lbs. Yes!

I just finished my second class. Let's take stock:

First night was Wed: it's an hour and a half class length. I made Dave go with me, guilt trip worked. Princess and Duchess took the kids class and Princess moved up to the adult class with us. It's a family thing. The gym is owned by a former military guy who is also a MMA fighter and trainer. I was scared shitless to go in there for the first class but since Dave went with me, I made it.

We did 30 minutes of hardcore cardio. I almost died. Dave really almost died, he was so red and I was seriously starting to worry. Bless his heart, he made it too. Princess just rocked it along. She is kinda hardcore, I'm a little scared of her. We did laps, we skipped, we shuffled, we crab walked, we did pushups, we did burpies, we did alot of shit that I can't remember the names but the damn flutter kicks almost killed me. Then we taped up and worked on punches. Jabs and cross. Did drills, shadow boxed with partners, and then we wrapped up doing some legwork drills. Insane. I had tears in my eyes when I was unwrapping my hands because I seriously didn't think I had it in me to finish BUT I DID!

Then the next morning, I literally could barely move. I stretched throughout the day but felt lousy.

This morning, still stiff. Stretched, then headed out to sub for 8th grade English. Then it was class time again. Thanks to some swelling with my bum knee, I had to make some adjustments to some of the exercises but I still made it through the entire thing. We did kick basics today. We also closed by playing Red Rover. Seriously, have you played that with adults before, yeah I was out first, damn knee. lol......

Again, I'm sore.

Really really sore.

But I feel a sense of accomplishment that I haven't before when it came to working out. I feel strong. I might be fat, but I'm still strong.

More soon.... school finally slowed down so I have lots of updating on here to do. :)

Till tomorrow!