Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, September 24, 2012

Total Slacker!

Wow, I've been really slacking with me blog. Apologies! I have an excellent excuse: I've been napping. No, seriously I've been a little whelmed trying to get kids all settled and etc here in Montana. It's such a tiny little town. It's also a tiny town mentality. However, we are slowly making friends (kids are, we all know I hate people) and getting a schedule.

This past week was hysterically Griswald shit up in this murther:

  • Dave is doing his money making, boss man thing
  • They tiny house is still tiny as hell
  • Dave has decided to build his own AK47 ~ the only way to get around the "I promise to not buy another gun till Father's Day" pinky swear (stinker)
  • Princess had her first vollyball game evah. She made the eight grade team yo. It was awesome seeing her bust her butt! Although they lost (which seems to be a town thing, their football team is sooooo bad)
  • Duchess started soccer season (a measly 6 weeks long) and during practice it occured to me that she isn't a fan of running at 9 just like she wasn't a fan of running at 4, the last time we tried soccer but this was her idea). She's one of two chicks on the team, and she's the only one who isn't well versed in soccer
  • Both kids are carrying strong GPA's at the new school! Yes!
  • I subbed all five damn days (I'm cutting back to two days a week!)
  • Dave and I both had finals.
  • I upped my classes so I will grad with my MBA in May of 2013. Holy smokes.
  • We register for our news classes, starting next month.
  • I finished my paperwork to volunteer at the shelter and with the probation office
  • Dave took me to lunch and then got called into a meeting with a client while I sat outside in his truck for an hour and a half, playing with this truck... resetting all his stations and etc.
  • We finished out yearly budget.... set the budget to pay off the last remaining bill before we are debt free (except the house). What a HUGE exciting thing!
  • We bought Murphy a doggie - bed since we finally acknowledge that we can NOT share a queen bed with each other and the dog. So we caved. And come bedtime, I pulled it out and slipped it right next to my side of the bed. He promptly curled up and went to sleep, I covered him with his very own blankey and he slept there the entire night. OMGosh, my back is so thankful!
  • I've started stripping down pallets to get some projects done.
  • I have given up and decided that I'm gonna start painting a few rooms of this place, if we are gonna stay in the tiny house, then I'm gonna make it extra comfy.
  • Been reminded that the tiny house is a huge blessing! Met another family from LA: Shreveport, LA actually and they have FOUR boys and two dogs shoved into a two bedroom house so frankly, I'm thrilled with our tiny little house! Everything is relative.
So as busy as we've been, we have a ton of stuff coming up too. A bunch of house organization projects cause hello the tiny house is storage challenged. We have dueling soccer and vollyball action going on. Dave and I are trying to stick with our nightly walks after dinner.... this actually lets us have time to talk about everything under the sun without the ever-present easedropping kids. (tiny house remember)

So I'll be back and with pics too, swear......