Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Efffffffing 90

My truck has a slight problem. Just a tiny little problem.....

I should back up. My truck, well she is a sexy beast. My kids name all our vehicles, it's their thing. Usually it's a cute name that goes with their color: Clifford the big red truck, Blacky the truck, Sage the green car.... but my truck. Well she's Fanny. As in Aunt Fanny, cause she has a huge rear end. And if you don't get it, then you haven't seen the kids movie Robots. Hysterical! But Fanny, she is a deep grey so she's kinda looking like a guy. So I put some really cute stickers on her and dont' even get me started on how funny it is to see Dave drive my chickie truck. But then he had to go and put a grill guard on her so she looks like she has a fumanchu thing going on.

But see, my truck she drives like a freaking dream.

I swear it's because she's paid for. It's gotta be the difference in paying cash for a vehicle rather than financing. This truck was the first vehicle since my high school car that I walked in and paid cash for. It felt freaking awesome!!!! And it drives awesome! There is a huge difference in the way I baby this bad boy knowing that she's paid for too......

But I get sidetracked by my cheapass ways.......

My truck drives so well that I literally fly.

As in, my truck really likes to drive 90.

Now in Texas, my car was very familiar with 90 much to my father's dismay.... but I"m a safe driver yo.

Now imagine my disappointment when we get here and word in the lower US is incorrect as Montana does indeed have a speed limit. SUCK IT. I really really looking forward to the no speed limit thing. Now highway speeds are 75, which means that I drive 84. Cause that is the way I roll. I also am constantly on the look out for a "rabbit" to follow.

But the backroads, like the one that stands between me and the town where the hubs works, the same town where we church? Yeah, it's an hours drive at 65 miles per hour. Because it's oil country in a boom and it's neck to neck 18 wheelers on a two lane highway, they go 65.

I pass alot.

Again, I sidetrack... but the truck... every single time I get caught up in the music or start talking to kids, or counting cows (dude, there are a TON of cows in Montana!) I look down and I'm driving 90. It's like that is her default speed.

So in the interest of safety and not getting a ticket that my father will NEVER let me live down.... it's all about cruise control these days.

My life is so damn boring here. ;)