Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Cross, A Fire, A Gun and A Glass of Wine

So what do ya do when your man is traveling... and you hear noises at night and can't sleep? Well you blog of course. With a big ass glass of strawberry wine (cause I'm class-y yo). Now logically I know it's the deer moving through the yard since it's a full-ish moon, but the paranoia sets in and well, frankly I can't sleep anyway.

So here I sit.

In my log cabin with a ginormous cross hanging off the front (keeps those pesky missionaries away), four flood lights (boonies yo) and my handgun. Now to be safety conscious I'm not gonna give you the number of guns in this house but please be assured when I say that I have enough firepower to take out a small state of idiots.

I'm also a good shot. Ask the woodpecker, oops you can't cause all that was left was his wing. My bad. (a 9mm will do some serious damage to a woodpecker yo)

So here I sit, warming myself by the fire, reading a book, sipping my wine and listening to the damn deer.

I hope somebody somewhere understands the restraint I'm showing in not flipping the safety off and plugging that bastard deer that is eating the last of my green bushes. Cause I need a deer roast, yummy.

But that is totally illegal and I'm a legal beaver (snicker) so here I sit.

Sigh.