Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, April 3, 2011

Brings A Freaking Tear to My Eye....


My sweet child just blows me away. Not only does she beg to go to the fields, she is helping around the house, bringing in good grades, and although she still wants to roast her sister over an open pit in the backyard, she is doing amazing! Kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop, lol....yeah I suck.

But most amazing to me, her sessions with her private coach. Each Sunday morning we get up at the butt crack of dawn and she is rearing to go. She listens, and so do I. Prin is picking things up from him and it just blows my damn mind.

Today, he was working on her throwing arm. Out of nowhere last week she fired a ball from outfield grass line behind second straight into the catchers glove at home plate. I don't know who was more shocked.... her, the coach, the catcher or me. The strength of that dang arm just brings a tear to my eye. Control is coming steadily and she works like a dog.

Duchess and I are working on her catching too so I'm knee deep with kids. I actually had to tell them no cause she wants to join the "select" team, as it right now. I said no. Once this season is over, then if they still let her tryout and she wants to, we'll tryout but being a newbie, I'm holding off in case she changes her mind about being so into the sport.

GRADES ARE IN! My babies make me proud, I have a straight A student and an Honor Roll student. They are doing so freaking good here in school. Duchess went on a field trip this week to the theatre for art class and informed me she thought they play was childish because it was all silly songs and she preferred the nutcracker. Oh boy, snicker. Princess went on a field trip to the art museum downtown and took a sculpting class which resulted in a really nice "head/skull"... dudes of all the things she could have made, lol. A head. Okay. Prin also got to do some pretty cool science experiments this week which I love about her school, that science lab isn't just gathering dust in the back of the class! We just her Seventh grade class electives and she is excited about the idea of taking Spanish again. I can't believe I'm gonna have a 7th and a 3rd grader. Damn I'm getting old!

Otherwise, Dave is still on assignment in Oklahoma and I'm working my fanny off juggling my babies, my final semester in school and my work. Happy is me though. Life is blessed around here. Hopefully it's going well for you too!

Peace, Love, and Crabs!
H4G