Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, April 8, 2011

Hugging the Trashcan

Well if the people I work with had any doubts about my non-ability to digest wheat products, they are no longer under any misconceptions. My salad at lunch from Wendy's (thanks farkers) about freaking killed me. Was having a great day, so happy and then got red faced, swollen and in front of a coworker grabbed my garbage can and spewed. c-l-a-s-s-y is me. And not some little lady-like barfing either, on no. It was "my ass has been eating out of a dumpster behind a bar" kind of action. I came straight home, puked till I was dizzy and seeing spots then passed out in my bed. Fun Friday.

Woke up just in time, to scald my teeth and mouth then pack up kids to head out for ballgame. We played a team tonight in a very narly part of the nearest big town, hence the yoga pants cause you can't carry concealed to a league game in shorts you know, duh. And it was on, we shut them down finally in the 5th when they called it (other team, not us) as there are no time limits on Friday night games so we decided to have some good use of the game. We switched kids up putting them in positions they've never played, lol. We had outfield on first and third, it was crazy but fun. We won 14-2. Best part, another coach that will play us in two weeks showed up asking questions about us and then stayed to watch the game and take notes, oh boy. It's league ball dude, seriously? Scouting? lol. Prin got over her fear of being hit by the pitcher when she took one in the leg, shook it off and not only walked to first but stole second right in front of the pitcher, poor pitcher just looked confused, lol. You know what I love most about their games, we draw a crowd and they really get into the action. Softball is bigger than baseball here and for a reason. The girls are faster, make double and triple play moves, steal like there is NO tomorrow and it is far more entertaining than most ball games. I love these kids. They are almost all newbies and they are learning fast.

So because the power of prayer is huge, I just wanta put it out there and ask for prayers for Dave. Out of the blue, he was contacted by a large corporation out of Canada about working for their US branch. After three phone interviews over the last month, they are flying him in for a face to face in two weeks. We are not sure what is going on the table, and we're not sure what we'll do about what's on the table, but please pray that the Lord has his way with this all. That we are guided to do the best we can for our family and what is best for us all.

And pray that I have the strengh to pull my head out of the toliet and get back to normal soon cause we have a busy weekend of playdates, school projects, lessons, piano, and a birthday party. Good grief. But I'm sleeping in tomorrow, we freaking deserve it around here!

Hugs, kisses and mustangs!
H4G