Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Before I Met The Internet....

Utah has frozen my ambitions. Seriously, I have never been an indoor person till we moved to this place. I see the proof when I dig through some old pics. I got involved, I did things, I went places, some where even places I couldn't take my kids......sigh.

I refuse to think I've gotten old, or fat. So hence it must be Utah's fault. Damn weather. :)

But it was this unexpected trip down memory lane that just had me in stitches earlier. How quickly time does fly.....

In Texas I was a volunteer with a drug rehabilition non-profit organization that seemed to always be lacking in funds. So every year we did a walk to earn money for it. Look how little my girls were. Duchess was obviously trying to make a break for it before the walk even started. (What you don't see is the little red wagon we used to pull their happy bums for five miles) And this lovely lady with me, my choir director from church who was ALWAYS the first to volunteer to do anything. We made a small but powerful team.

In Oklahoma, Princess and I were entertaining ourselves at the Tulsa State Fair while The Man was deployed. We rode bulls peeps. I have no idea what The Man's reaction was when I sent him this picture but I'm pretty sure he busted something laughing at me, I'm easy to laugh at.

Duchess was the cutest dang bug of a baby ever. So tiny and so quiet. We called her the "Wyatt Earp" of all babies. Wish that were still true, now she never shuts up. Ever. E-V-E-R. As I type this, she is talking in her sleep.

In San Diego, we seldom just sat and watched tv. Oh no, we used our livingroom for fun stuff, like dancing. We boogied down. All the time. I love watching The Man dance with our girls. He's quite the dancer folks, don't let him lie to you. Princess dances as graceful as he does, too bad she can't walk in a straight line otherwise, she gets that from me.

Once upon a time, I used to attend Navy balls. With grown ups, babysitters, and dresses! I pinned up my hair, stabbed some sparkly stuff in there, wore my thigh high boots underneath cause I couldn't find any black high heels at the last minute and off I went in my black and white ball gown. We were color coordinated. But damn he's hot huh? This picture is proof that he thinks I'm a dork and still loves me.
But then, oh then, I come across this picture. The one picture I'm pretty sure my man would like me to lose. But I can't help it, I drool over him. Even if it was taken on a wild and wooly day at sea.....when his only hobby was working out and his bisceps were larger than my head (seriously) and that was a little scary, okay not. This infamous picture will live on.......

Can you pic out my man? That's easy, he's the hot one.
Damn I miss you honey.