Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, September 28, 2007

The Reason I Moved Here

Hello seasons, I missed.....especially while living in the hot humid armpit of the United States for three years and then another year recently in the sunny sunshine of eternal blonde ambition. However, moving here was so worth it. Hello Fall! It's been awhile and I sure missed you.

So this past week the four girls went on a roadtrip. My mom, me and my girls. Something we don't do often enough, we got up and headed out pretty early. Heading up in the mountains..... it was the perfect morning, crisp and beautiful. The girls love to hike in the mountains, and they tolerated mom and I when we got hysterical......which is often.

Mom and Duchess were partners on our walk. They kept together, so nobody got lost. Plus in case Duchess slid down, mom was there to break her fall....


My partner, Princess, left me often. Probably didn't help that I took 140 pictures (seriously) on our little trip. It was absolutely fab...but I got left, often. Apparently I'm not a good partner. But wow, what a gorgeous day.



Since mom and I were together, I felt honor bound to carry on some of her traveling traditions.... like the one where you send your sweet, unexpecting kid way off in the distance and then run like crazy to the car, slam the doors, crank the engine and lower the windows, screaming GO GO GO to the driver.... the kid is quick, we didn't even have it in drive before she was crawling in the backseat, what a studette..... who can carry a grudge with the best of them!


Here are my girls doing what they do best, being sisters. I love these shots.... they melt my heart. These are frame worthy and rare occassions of utter peace and no hairpulling.


I mentioned peace didn't I? Well okay it didn't last..... this isn't what it seems, cause it sure looks like Princess is pushing Duchess into the water, but Duchess was determined to "feel" the water so this was them holding on for dear life as she plunged forward.

In the end, three generations of strong, talkative and persistant women spending a day together in the middle of nowhere? Priceless.........