Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Kill'em with Kindness

Just look at this innocent darling of mine. Duchess is such a sweetheart. Friend to everyone, human and animal alike. She has alot of hippee qualities....I love this about her. My little true hugger, and as long as she doesn't join PETA, The Man supports her gentle ways.
So when I started finding her little china teacups turned upside down on the little saucers, I went to question her about the little corpses of dead ants (don't get that little dead-ant song stuck in your head now) inside. But then I got side tracked, probably by something chocolate and forgot. So then when I found her laying on her tummy in my foyer the other day with her little kitchenette plastic sink I couldn't figure out what she was doing.

"Honey, whatcha doing?"

"Saving the ants"

"Huh?"

"Saving the ants"

"Saving them from who, wait we have ants?"

Sure enough, there is a little family of ants from the sudden chill in the air and they are traveling cross my foyer in search of my pantry, suckers, they are on the wrong side of the house for food, haha!

"Daddy will kill them"

"Ummm okay, he sweeps them up honey and puts them in the trash"

"He kills them"

"So what are you doing with them?"

"I"m gonna drown them down the drain to go live with Nemo"

Kill'em with kindness, that is my girl.