Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, June 15, 2007

Nasty Little Secret

I have a nasty little secret, I am a smoker. Most people know this by now, however I still treat it like my nasty little secret. I am the person huddling behind the building sneaking a smoke. Even if there is a ashtray next to the door, I'm out back. I try hard to never smoke around my kids. In fact, my oldest calls it my "nasties". I am one of those freaky people who enjoy the taste of a good cig. Yep, just thinking about it makes me smile, yum.

HOWEVER, I sit here feeling like I'm gonna puke! Cause it is day 7 and my dosage went up to 2 full pills a day.....cause
I'm quitting. (Silence?) Yep, after oh about 14 years of being a dedicated smoker, I'm quitting. This is a very difficult post to write as I physically hate the sign above. Cause people hate smokers. And I'm a smoker. I figure I'll always be a smoker, just a smoker in remission. Cause it is an addiction, thankfully I'm only kicking nicotine not a crack habit, so it could be worse....right? Hello?

Anyway, if you're the praying sort, please send some strength over here. Cause The Man is quitting too. The pills make me really yuck and puky but they have given him hotflashes and a very interesting temperment. So be glad that you're not living in this royal house!

My lungs and my family will hopefully thank me for this one day. Cause I'm not thanking myself yet that is for sure. This sucks!