Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, June 23, 2007

We actually left the house today!

Dear people,

Big news, the royal family finally left the house and set out to explore our new state, oh about six months after we moved here. We actually planned a day trip, packed up and then did the last minute detours (you know, the where is my purse, I need my blankie, who locked the doors) But we piled into the car and drove around the mountains to a community festival, oh about 60 something miles away.
But before we left....
Duchess killed her very first bug, with my brush. I'm so proud.
(Adding a new brush to the shopping list right now!)
But we finally got there, and look what we found. The girls got their portrait done!
It's awesome, they added camo and rifles to the picture, I'll have to post that one soon.
This guy was cheap and really good.

The girls totally went prepared for the outdoors. Here are my resting pumpkins,
enjoying some homemade ice cream in the shade. Notice their beloved Cabela's hats.
Their dad is so proud! Both girls pick their outfits around their hats.
Duchess had issues with the sand. Poor baby, like her momma she hates dirty feet.





Princess practiced her rappelling skills. Gonna have to remember how talented she is when her teen years roll, around. Need security bars on her bedroom window...

But all in all, it was a great festival. We came home with full bellies and no souvenirs. I love thrifty! We got some amazing landscape shots but those will come tomorrow. :) I'm gonna go nurse my sunburn now.