Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, October 18, 2013

CEO

So I'm wading through purchase orders, and I'ma happy girl. I have new stock on the way.... Thanks Obama for the government shutdown that held up my shit in customs. I'm so excited. We have leggings coming in that are just too cute for words. We have dresses and unique sweaters. I absolutely adore what I do. I get to shop for a living.

My bags came in today. They are very sweet. I hate cheap bags and although I'm not ready to have custom bags though. The initial cost of setting up the design and run is just not something I'm willing to pay... so I took our two main colors and rolled with it. I got a clearance bag, sweet little red plastic shopper with pop out bottom and some blue tissue paper. We already have our shipping bags but we needed something for trade shows and trunk shows. Can't really be sending people away with recyclable walmart leftover bag now can I? (pssst: totally did that last time) So I have my stickers I've printed with our logo on my own printer.... I just toss one of them on the corner of the bag and there you go. Affordable for now. :)

My banner also came in. Since we are doing more trade and trunk shows... need something. So I made a banner online for $20. Seriously, $20 for a huge banner. I love finding way cheap shit.

Now seriously fun.... I've created our very own hanging price tags. You know the kind.... 2 inches by 4 inches... double sided... one side is just gorgeous photo of my kid in one of the outfits and the other side has some squiggles and our official log and "item: and price:" nice........... I finally figured out my damn DPI problem, thanks Mae for talking me off my ledge. I'm awaiting the final proof and then I'll have 1000 of those babies coming my way.... in fact.. let me figure out a way to blank our store name and I'll upload the front of the tag here...


See, there you go. This is my brilliant design. I love this photo of her and the effects. I just hid our store name. It's been a long time since I've gotten to really play with digital design. I'm in love with out store website too, again something I've slaved over.

Tomorrow I have big plans. I have Dave and I are having a corporate meeting. I do so love those. They have cookies and usually a shake. Our company is the best. Legally here are the officials for the company:

CEO: me
CFO: Dave
VP Ops: Princess
VP Marketing: Duchess (kid is a marketing genius, don't laugh)

Anyway, we are working on logistics. Princess and I have two trunk shows coming up and two trade shows ... in the next 30 days. Good lord. So Dave is helping us to build a portable changing room. What better way to let people fall in love with our goods than to try them on! Wish us luck.

More soon....