Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Blowout...Texas Style

As usual, we can't be plain jane normal people. Dave was home for the Memorial Day weekend and we were so freaking super busy. But it was a blast.

 Prin wanted to tryout for the all-star district championship level team, so she did. It was intense and two hours of kick butt work and she did her best. She hung with the majority of those girls and my heart just about burst. The kid has played since March and while she didn't make the team, she did get invited to practice with them and told to have her butt back for fall tryouts cause she'd be ready for them then. Just having the guts to put herself out there for that, won my eternal pride!

 Dave being home and forced to wear t-shirts from his "wife purchased" collection was awesome, lol. That'll teach him not to pack clothes for a home trip!

 Another lesson learned was that the children will soak his butt in retailiate, lol. They got him good. He had to leave dinner at B's house to go home and change, lol. Poor guy.

 Speaking of B and all the girls, we be up to our usual no good. We ran bleachers, ran the track, swam with kids and general caused trouble. Good thing our husbands are thicker than thieves!

 Me and my Prin with matching sunburns!

 And since this morning found Dave leaving for Idaho, I was planning an entire day dedicated to house cleaning, grocery shopping, weed pulling and moping.

Didn't happen. B's hubs called while I was grocery shopping and told me to pack my shite, they were taking me crabbing today. Amazes me how well someone can know you huh? So instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself, me and my girls learned to crab. Freaking hysterical.

 But we did it! Duchess showing her catch.

 Prin working her lines, the turd took right to it. Running three lines at the same time. She made it look freaking easy. Hell, I spent most of my time fishing my chair and hat out of the water thanks to the damn wind.

 Which still doesn't explain how I ended up looking disgusting, covered head to toe in filth with a grimy mustache and eyebrows while everyone else looked normal.

Meanwhile B was working the pink delicate shirt look and was fresh as a daisy when we left. WTF? Being a girl just doesn't come easy to me!