Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, May 15, 2011

I earned it....

I got up at the very butt crack of dawn. Who knew that once school was over officially I would actually get more than 5 hours a sleep a night. Last night after 8 solid hours, I woke up with energy. Holy heart failure batman! So I cleaned and scrubbed tubs, toliets and other nastiness. Then before the kids even rolled over, B called. Kids up and dressed, we hit the track.

We started with a half mile jog (okay, honestly there was a little walking in there too, cause we were yaking but mostly jogging).

Then we walked another half mile.

Then we stretched some more and decided to torture the kids. Softballers need endurance so the girls kept asking how to increase their "wind" per Billy so we showed them. They about died.

We hit the bleachers. Up and down, four times. Best part, I didn't fall and I smoked'em! Although it was fun to watch B walk with jello legs to the water coolers. I'm evil. The girls just couldn't hang with the 30-something-year-olds but they tried.

Then we did wind sprints. Hysterical.

Then we played ball for an hour. I seriously have to get my over-hand throws stronger. Pitching underhand for years, my over-hand throw is average. Twelve year olds were smoking my glove dude. Ouch.

Duchess hit and we shagged our buckets of balls and came home.

So I burned some serious calories today, I earned this huge ass batch of peanut butter rice crispies.

Sugar coma commencing as soon as dinner is out of the oven.