Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Old

I'm getting old. I can't believe how old I'm getting. It's ridiculous. Yesterday we went on a mission: shoe shopping. Princess is now 12 and we had to buy her new sneakers for gym class. The kid is in a size 7 women's shoe. Good Lord have mercy. But the kids got their new shoes with little stress. It was my search for flats.......um yeah you heard that right, flats that took us all over the mall. Dave sent me to the shoe mecca: Dillards. But my frugal nature won't allow me to pay what they were asking. Although I did browse through the latest Michael Kor purses, cute! And fell in love with some new boots, but alas I left empty handed, cause I be of the cheap nature. I tried Penneys, and then every other shoe place except the one where I eventually found the shoes I needed. The sweet lady at the last store pointed me back to the exact payless type store where the kids got their shoes. Oh the irony.

Except I hated all the flats in the work section....too fru-fru for me. Too cutesy. Not comfortable. Then I saw them......Dave had put one over my shoulder. It was my worst nightmare. It was a full flat with a freaking tassel on the end.....all it was missing was a place for the penny. Good night, no! He sweet talked me into trying them on. And I fell in love. They are ugly as shit but oh so comfy. Oh boy!

Without thinking I announced that I was officially an old lady of comfort and no style. Then I latched on to the bright idea of canvasing the store following the other old ladies to see what shoes they were trying on but I drew the line at the boat shoes. Good grief, I have some respect for myself.

Mary, stop laughing.