Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, July 9, 2009

Duchess rocks again

Duchess has never been interested in really well anything. She is her own planet, and I just love that about her. No peep pressure for her so far, nope. Beats her own drum, all that jazz. Well during this past week with our obsession over softball (and my aching, well everything) she decided to give it a try. After she beat the ever loving crap out of the tball stand, we gave up and started pitching to her.

N-A-T-U-R-A-L

She started right handed because her mom's an idiot who forgets that she's a lefty. Yep, call CPS now peeps. (pics out of order cause I'm too tired to care)

But she connected, alot.

Then we moved to left handed batting. And starting going into the neighbors yard to get our balls. The kid was having a serious case of beginners luck. Princess was disgusted. It was hysterical.

What was more hysterical was the "look" she wears when playing. I'm still trying to put my finger on who she gets this from, but man she is competitive. Hello! So batting for her equals, "I hate you" looks, followed by "keep talking bigshot and I'll eat your heart" which quickly led to "you stay here, I'm going to get my gun" looks.


It's not everyday you learn something about your kid. Nor is it everyday that she hits facing the wrong direction and cleared the porch of people (jumping off left and right sides like rats from a ship) as she pegged one straight at us, thankfully it hit the side of the house instead of a window.
That freaking rocks. I could use some agression release........where's my bat?