Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, July 4, 2009

Come 2 Momma!

Thank you Pioneer Woman, while browsing through your extensive recipe list, I came across one that I needed. Oh I needed it like RIGHT NOW.

But I tweaked it some. I made homemade gluten free bread first. Then I sauteed some mushrooms and onions in some yummy yummy low fat butter (snicker). Then added some bacon. And some spinach.......

Then I put twice as many tomatoes........oh yeah.

Then smothered it all in the homemade sauce. And sat outside the oven watching patiently. The smell, oh my gawd, the smell.

The final product is .............. okay there are no words.
So now I'm off to eat this with some ribs (thanks photo elusive step dad), corn on the cob, baked beans, sausage, potato salad, and sweet tea.
Dessert is gluten-free strawberry shortcake..........move over Emil!