Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hiding the Crazy

I'm doing a better job of hiding the crazy these days. I'm really enjoying my week so far... it's a little underwhelming but I'm down 6.5 lbs and that is pretty cool for me. I still have 20 lbs to go to hit my goal. Time to be slim and sexy again, cause this lumpy crap is depressing....

I've managed to hit the gym for the past seven days. I'm averaging two miles a morning on the treadmill then I have my weight training then a nice stretch down, although I've stopped the yoga but I need to add that back cause the stretching is super feel good! I've also added zumba twice a week to my schedule. I'm horrible at it but I leave sweat soaked and ready for a nap so I would say mission accomplished. Kickboxing is on hold until they start the womens class, my ass can't hang with the teen and the college kids doing all that cardio. Princess however has a freaking six pack going on cause she is hanging just fine. (don't worry, I stay there and supervise) She is literally working out with the college baseball team, the team captain is also the class instructor. Did I mention that since my 14 year old looks like she's a college chick herself, that I stay and hang out to supervise? Yeah, she's only 14 so moms gotta do what moms gotta do.

So the kids have their own schedule that keeps me hopping too....Let's continue with Princess shall we? She's started softball season here, she did find her a travel team only problem is that her team practices in doors until May when weather permitting they can practice outside and late May-late June will be tournaments every weekend. So she's pretty happy about that, so far she's playin short stop. Then there is kickboxing twice a week. She's taking the advanced class now for a total of three hours a week. Hard core cardio means she is ripped, lol. Means that momma is also trying to force more protein in her but she isn't a big meat eater so I'm having to be sneaky and find protein in other forms to keep her healthy! Now first of March, she starts playing tennis for the high school. She and her partner are the only eight graders on the team, she won't be able to play any legal state games but she can scrimmage and play local games so it'll just help her skills. Grades are up thankfully too! Since we are big on more carrot and less stick at this age, she's going snowboarding this weekend as a treat since we are super pleased with the progress she's made. Another reason to kick your kids junk if they slack off and get off track peeps. But seriously the coolest thing about the kid lately? She asked for and got a purity ring! So impressed with her choices. Although her room looks like ass and I'm sick of picking up her dirty crap off the bathroom floor.

Duchess ain't slacking either. That kid is slowly branching out. She's not my sports nut. She is my introverted girl. She likes books.She's the kid at the library that is reading nonfiction books for fun. ON the way to church Sunday, (our commute is an hour one way) she was reading aloud and sharing information about deep sea animals with us. I'll never look at the ocean the same. Seriously. Ever. She is rocking out grade wise, having just tested a full year ahead in her reading comprehension from where she tested back in August which was still ahead. Her treat for that was a trip to the school book fair, I do so love that. Since she hasn't done anything since soccer she and I have been negotiating. See I'm a huge fan in keeping them moving and active. If I keep their schedules full too, we don't dwell on the fact we are in the middle of fucking nowhere. Seriously. Although I will say, the people here in the middle of nowhere like to be active and busy too. So I talked her into trying kiddo kickboxing and that has stuck. Like Dave, she enjoys hitting stuff. So that is twice a week. Then she was invited to kiddo zumba by her friend so we tried that. She freaking loves that shit. Who knew. So we got that once a week. Toss in piano and bb gun shooting and she is literally busy every night of the week except Monday. I love it. Happy busy kids.

Speaking of crazy. I'll get around to our hiking incident later this week. For now, I have a pork roast in the crock pot to pull and bbq, potato salad to mix and throw in the fridge cause we have kickboxing and everyone likes to eat AFTER. So I'm out.