Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, January 24, 2013

Queen of Everything, proof


Please maximize the above.... look at the ooeey goodness of that glaze, and the yummy moist cupcakes that I created from scratch for my husbands birthday. I'm the HBIC in my kitchen and holy crow, did I pull out a good one for this meal considering that I've had the plague, yeah again. Can you tell that they screwed up my flu shot, yeah they did and I didn't get one. Asshats. So since I was sick, I'm a pinterest ho. I threw my bbq chicken in the crockpot for eight freaking hours. Yum. And lazy. Then I sliced up some squash, zucs, tomatoes, and onions... drizzle with olive oil and spices and roast in the oven... parm on top then done. Finally, buttered baby potatoes........ yeah it was fantastic. Took a tiny little amount of effort and it was amazing. But those cupcakes.............holy shitballz. I made 12 miniture cakes for him and we all ate them... so now I'm stuck making some for his office. (and me) and maybe some for the teachers at the middle school cause they cool and work for peanuts and frankly, they are awesome. (and me)