Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, February 9, 2013

Grouchy is the New Me

Amazingly enough, I'm still cig free but it's becoming obvious that I need a way to bleed off my stress. Apparently screaming at somebody who cut me off in the Walmart parking lot is not appropriate, sigh............Dave. Blah!

Kickboxing is great. I'm super sore and my tummy hurts from the damn blurpees. Seriously thought about punching the instructor in the throat when we got to the flipper kicks... yeah huh there's that violent streak of mine again. Strange, Dave may be onto something here. I've lost 2 lbs in a week from my classes and I really need to get off my ass and start measuring myself rather than weighing cause that shit is depressing.

I've been absent from my blog for so long... I've been subbing like crazy for the middle school. What started as a way to keep my finger on the girls' school stuff and meet some of their teachers have turned into a steady gig. A steady gig that pays crap, lol. I have a pile of checks from them that I need to cash one day and buy some shoes. But one of the English teacher has been having seizures and is having long term medical care so I'm working alot. However, considering that I don't have a teaching cert... I've been waiting on them to bring in somebody, anybody else that can create lesson plans to catch these kids up, cause that is not moi. Luckily this coming Wed I'm handing over the reins to a retired teacher coming back to take over. Yes! I plan on sleeping in and spoiling myself rotten. Oh and laundry, I gotta take back over laundry. The kids have been winging it and frankly, Dave is ready to throw all their clothes out into the yard over the wrinkled shirts hanging in his closet. Geeeeeez.

The new house is looking pretty good inside. I've gotten my red accents up in the livingroom and it's lovely! Course not as lovely as my log cabin in the mountains was lovely but it's pretty dang cute. The kids have gotten completely set up downstairs and thanks to their smell goods, they are rocking some really sweet smells down there too, Princess likes the cupcake scented candles and Duch likes the apple ones. So it's really nice and girlie smelling down there, poor Dave.

We actual got a break in the weather and saw 40 degrees this week. The snow is almost all melted and the locals have me convinced that the mild winters follow me around. Cause my old place in Idaho is under 5 ft of snow right now and this the first mild winter up here in Montana in years. Thank you Lord, cause I really do hate snow.

Off to bed for me. More soon. Hope you are all well! We are doing pretty good here. The girls are settled and thriving. Just wishing we were closer to fam but for now, life here is good.