Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Been Busy

Oh boy do I have some wind in my sails! It's a good day to be me baby. We are moving right along. I have gotten the very last fucking load of our stuff from the tiny house. Thank you Dave, you stud. The second of only two days that this man has completely taken off in the last month and he has spent both days moving us into the new house. Honestly my guy couldn't be any cooler than he is. I adore him. That is another post though. So it'll probably take me the next three weeks to fully unpack and settle in but I've started. The peeps go back to school tomorrow and I haven't taken on any subbing assignments until the house is done so I should be good. Tomorrow morning, the hospital auxiliary resale shop is open after their holiday break. I'm so thankful. The garage is PACKED with clothing and crap that we are donating. Love it and love it and love it. I love the idea that we can help someone else.

However can I note that I am holding back my skinny clothes because I'm trying hard to lose the bubble gut. Going so far as to partner with the Connie Poo Poo and get this shit done. For realz. I'm gonna be a runner one day.... or as Mae once said.... I'm be a fast walker with a slight jog one day, lol.

So I've been setting things up. My new nifty "recliner end tables" have come in. I was a little disappointed in that they didn't come already put together (yeah, I really was and Dave got a good laugh at my expense on that one... turd). But these things are the best and they are well built and so purty! If you are curious check Amazon for Pierce Espresso Chairside Table. I got them bad boys on super duper sale and they are well worth the price. So since I saved some money there, I went ahead and ordered the matching tv trays. (yeah the house has no real dining room and our dining room table is now in the downstairs kitchen for kids to have as game table and/or homework table. So we eat in the livingroom, fun times.... we take turns picking dinner movies)

So while I have a ton of house stuff to finish, I also started some of the painting I wanted. The landlord replaced everything but didn't have enough money to repaint everything so here I am.... The kitchen had a great grey and cream tight wove carpet so I went with two grey walls for the kitchen (washable to cover grease stains from stove) and then I'll do the other two in heavy cream. Nice. So I got me a red and cream colored rug for the kitchen and a red tea kettle. Eventually I'll get to new curtains and redoing my bench. I'll keep you posted on the kitchen.

Now I have gotten a little creative cooking wise too. I tell you, I'm baaaaack baby. Today I cooked up my yuumy black eyed peas (screw the greens or the cabbage cause I hate that stanky shite). I'm working on some new recipes to eventually get my kids back on taking their lunches cause frankly the new Mrs. Obama's lunch program isn't really feeding my kids the way they should. Yes, please someone send my regards to her ass. So my goal is to feed my family yummy healthy breakfasts each morning (while helping myself on my weight program!!!!) Tomorrow's breakfast is already cooked and resting on the counter waiting to be wrapped in the fridge for morning reheating. Yummy little bacon and scrambled egg muffins. A complete self contained breakfast. Perfect. My little secret touch is always always always add some parsley flakes to the eggs cause it just enhances the flavor SO much. Trust me. Delicious.

So yeah, I'm finding ways to make Montana work for me. Maybe it's the new house, maybe it's seeing my momma.... but man oh man... I'm finally pulling my head out of my arse. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get cracking on cleaning up my closet and helping Dave set up his man cave. Cause he has taken over the fourth bedroom as the ulitimate man retreat.... I'm beting that soon he'll be up in there reloading ammo and man stuff. I love him.

Back later! I gotta go plan some after school snacks for my people.