Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Key word: GYM

I'm spending a lot of time in the gym now. I'm serious about dropping my "non-smoking" weight... yeah still smoke free cause I'm a beast like that yo!

And it has NOTHING to do with the fact that I'm going through a huge, heavy cooking phase. I'm busting out all kinds of crazy stuff: king ranch casserole, homemade rolls, chocolate pursian rolls, open faced creole omelets, and don't get me started on the fresh veggies I'm putting to use since I refuse to pay $2 a can for a tiny serving of canned veggies.

So yeah, I have a goal... lose the 14 lbs I gained and another few to get me to my target weight of 124. Then maintain.

So I'm alternating, one day just running/biking or walking two miles and one day of full workout provided by Dave. :) It is NOT an easy workout. In fact, he came along the other night to make sure I was doing the exercises properly and when he caught me cheating on my situps, he got involved and drill sargent-ed my ass.... I seriously think I wet myself doing 15 real situps. I'm an out of shape fat ass. Lord help me, I'm so lucky that I amuse him.

I'm so damn sore it's not even funny. Here's to achieving my goals though, I'm ready to drop this weight and smoking is not an option even though I miss it so effffffffing much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!