Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Warning, Warning

I'm getting bored.

This is usually the start of bad things to come. Seriously, it's not good when I get bored. And it's not like I don't have a million and one things to do, still bored.

This is my first summer not working since I was 16. Now granted I took some time off after each baby was born and whenever we were transferred it was always a month or so before I found the perfecto job so it's not like there haven't been times when I wasn't working. But this is different, the husband now makes it to where I don't have to work but I keep thinking about it. I really should just shut up at this point, cause honestly like I don't have enough to do with keeping apts and running the kids here and there.

I think if I could get a bead on this house it'd be different. I'm dragging my feet. Honestly I think it's because I done got spoilt and miss Dave. Another is that actually decorating a new place always makes me crazy cause this crap doesn't come natural to me.

So in an attempt to chase the boredom away, I started doing projects. I refinished a wood painting I found at an antique mall and changed it from a god awful rooster scene to a chalkboard for my kitchen with a really cool frame. I'm put my library up in my bedroom which really makes me happy, I love my friends (I mean my books, opps). I've sketched out two paintings I want to work on this week as soon as I find my paints (closet maybe? attic?).

But it's the other things that are bothering me...I need an outside shed and since I'm cheap and miserly I caught myself actually googling it, looking up directions online and even printing them. It was when I was attempting to do the math on the amount of wood needed that I realized how utterly outthere this is.

I am not a builder. I paint, canvases (that aren't that good) and my toenails....not buildings. I have a hammer and a small socket set because my husband locked all the major tools up in his toolbox and took them with him.....cause he needed them? NOPE, pretty sure he did it so I couldn't maim myself while he is gone. Yet, here I was seriously considering how I needed a small table saw to build this dang shed.

This is the part where me being bored = stupid.

So yeah, talking sense into self is really hard, especially when self is as gunho as I am when I get my head wrapped around an idea. And frankly, I hope Dave doesn't read this post cause he'll promptly order me a freaking shed off the internet and have it delievered and then I'll see the bill and pass out.

It's a cute idea that one of my bff's could totally do on her own (ohhh maybe she'll come help me....) but me... um no, I busted a fingernail with a hammer trying to build bookshelves from a stupid kit.

This is the same thinking that gets me into all sorts of trouble and then Dave has to a. rescue me, b. finish the project, c. red0 the entire project, or d. all the above.....so no shed for me.

Now that the shed thing is completely and honestly dealt with, could someone please talk me out of redoing my coffee table on my own.......cause the marble tiles broke in the move and it needs to be retiled and I sliced open my thumb today trying to get all the old ones off so I could prep the board for new tiles. Which I haven't bought yet.

I'm obviously a danger to myself, lol. Dave is probably hearing angels sing right now cause I have never admitted that outloud or in writing....lol

But seriously, how hard it is to redo a coffee table, right?

Maybe I should just start on that flower bed.....

Or I could just go ahead and quit stalling and deal with hanging all my house decor myself, lol.