Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

BFE

So we took off for a few days to see my dearest hubby who is currently working in BFE northern Texas. When I say BFE I do mean it, I drove for like an hour past a town into what appears to be the middle of nowhere in a shanty town kind of place. If this were the wild west this place would have tumbleweeds blowing through it and a few dead looking guys asleep up against a saloon. Mr. GPS and I didn't agree on the drive so I managed to cut 3 hours off the trip going my way via an atlas. Really, the use of an atlas is a lost art. I love an atlas. And when I forget any of the 3 I own????? I love my mom sitting in front of hers, guiding me through, as she totally speaks my travel language... which includes sentences like: look past "town" and find this tiny little farm road, yeah no not that one, another one....starts with a 5 I think...yeah that one, it'll route me around traffic.

So we make it here and we got to see him for 30 minutes last night before I fell into a coma. Poor guy is a little flustered having us and Murphy with him though because between digging through all this crap we travel with trying to get ready for work and taking Murphy outside before he leaves, he managed to leave his sandwich in the fridge, he'll be starving tonight.

So we're resting today and then tomorrow we're driving a ways into a real town to watch a movie and do some tourist stuff. Fun!

However, it's worth it cause we get to hang with our guy. Who hopefully in a few weeks will have a couple weeks off before traveling to the next jobsite. Luckily these are quick turn around jobs so he'll have some time down. What a blessing.

I got to sleep a little and then it happened... we woke up in this little town with an average temperature of 100 and Satan and the rv ac seized up. I suffered for about an hour before I used a fork to disassemble the ac unit and got a hairdryer out. I can't deal with sweating to death inside, it's different out of doors.

So I'm gonna go work on my explanation to Dave about why there are metal boxes and cords hanging from hole in the ceiling. Opps....